I like the combination of tomato and basil.
Just wondering, but has anyone grown basil indoors before?
I would love to know how it turned out if you did, because I’m wondering if I should attempt to grow some in a pot.
It seems that every time I buy basil it just goes bad so quickly. I use it up within days during the summer months making my family’s favorite strawberry and basil lemonade, but after a day or so the leaves begin to blacken.
Anyways, this Bruschetta topped with cream cheese, garlic, tomatoes, basil and shaved parmesan is de-li-cious. Its perfect for lunch or as an appetizer.
Also, the Roasted Garlic is sooooo good. The cloves get all soft and mushy and transform into a garlic spread that is heaven on bread. If you have never made Roasted Garlic..make it. Make it NOW.
3 tsp. Extra- Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Medium Tomato, diced
1/4 cup Fresh Basil, shredded
4 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shaved
1. Combine Tomato, Basil, 2 tsp. Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper in a bowl and set aside.
2. Squeeze Garlic out of skins. Mix Garlic, Cream Cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place bread on baking sheet.
4. Spread Garlic Cream Cheese mixture on top of bread and sprinkle generously with Parmesan Cheese.
5. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Top with tomato mixture and sprinkle lightly with cheese.
To Roast Garlic:
Whole Garlic Head
Extra- Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat Oven to 350F
1. Cut 1/3 the top of the garlic off, exposing cloves.
2. Place on aluminum foil and drizzle liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Wrap completely in foil and Bake 45 minutes-1 hour or until fork tender.
Recipe adapted courtesy of: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/roasted-garlic-and-tomato-bruschetta-recipe/