Mexican Food has always been one of my favorites. I used to think I could eat enough of it that eventually I would turn into one big burrito. Even though I don’t eat it as often as I used to, I do know good Mexican Food when I eat it. This recipe is GOOD. Initially, I expected it to be a heavy dish, but it is surprisingly light. It has been 2 days since I made it and I’m already craving it again!
- Ground Beef (I used 85%)
- Onion Powder (2 T.) or 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cup Salsa (I used Pace Chunky Mild)
- 1 can (15 oz) Red Kidney Beans- rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 T. Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 6 Flour Tortillas (8 inch)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3 cup Mexican Cheese Blend
- Lettuce, shredded (Garnish)
- 1 Medium Tomato, chopped (Garnish)
- Minced Cilantro (Garnish)
- Cook Ground Beef and onion on Medium Heat until no pink remains; Drain.
- Stir in Salsa, Beans, Italian Salad Dressing, Sour Cream, Taco Seasoning and Cumin.
- Spoon a layer of Mixture onto bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle a layer of Cheese.
- Place a layer of Tortillas.
- Repeat Steps 3,4,5. (Last layer should be a layer of Cheese)
- Cover with Foil. Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes.